Little time for blogging lately, been hitting the garage hard to try and get this thing finished. The registration is due for it in four days time, I know I wont have it done by then but the closer I am the better. The RTA (or RMS it is now) give 3 months grace after the due date to register it before they cancel the registration, so I’m banking on a bit of this time to get it done.
After getting the seat back, I had a slight fitment problem with the hoop that goes over the top of the tail light. In short, it was actually propping up the rear of the seat. So I did the only thing I knew how, and that was to cut it off. After evaluating the actual function of the hoop and rear portion on the frame past the last seat mount, I figured it was actually surplus to requirements anyway. The frame has enough braces across to be stiff enough without it.
The other thing I wanted to do at the same time was move the tail light up slightly. This allowed me the room get a snug fit between the tail light and seat. So I had to make up a new rear cross-member and weld it in. I think this little change is going to make a big difference in appearance from behind.
Will update with a photo of seat and tail light together tonight.